Friday, March 9, 2018 / by Ruth Ballantyne
In our world, colour is critical. Everyone, from car companies to fashion and make-up brands, work hard to develop colour palettes that reflect the pulse and mood of our culture.
Benjamin Moore has chosen Lemon Sorbet as their Colour of the Year. Here are a few ways to use it:
• Pastels, flattering in recent fashion trends are emerging on the home front in the mint, coral, pink and vanilla families. The Lemon Sorbet paint colour makes the perfect backdrop to these hues.
• People are tired of the beiges, grays, and every hybrid in between, so this refreshing lemon shade is a perfect transition colour to begin an invigorating change.
• In neutral spaces yellow acts like a yellow highlighter – focuses your eye and provides accent.
• It can be bold and modern (in a graphic combo with black or deep inky blues and white).
• It can be soft and natural paired with neutral shades of tan, sand and soft grey.
• Yellow, in its many variations, is the colour of optimism and the colour of light and makes a great substitute for plain white.
• On the wall, ceiling, trim or a piece of furniture, yellow makes a lively addition to any space.
More images using this colour can be found on Twitter, @BenjaminMooreCA.
Courtesy of Newscanada