Friday, March 9, 2018 / by Ruth Ballantyne
This is your last week to nominate a woman you know who is excelling in her field and making a difference in her community. The Zonta club of Brampton- Caledon is hosting their annual "Women of Achievement" awards gala November 17th at Pearson Convention Centre. Zonta is dedicated to advancing the status of women worldwide and this chapter recognizes the excellence done within the Brampton-Caledon community.
Do you know a woman who is excelling in her field, who is a motivator at home, at work or within the community? We are looking for women who are visionaries, changing the world we live in today and inspiring our future leaders for a better tomorrow.
You can nominate a woman that you know here.
There are seven different categories that you can choose from:
- Arts and Culture: recognizes the achievement of excellence in, or significant contributions to the performance, development, preservation or patronage of the visual, literary, performing, entertainment or creative arts and/or has made significant contributions to the preservation, awareness, research and/or development of the cultural heritage of a community or other group.
- Business/Professions and Trades: recognizes those leaders who successfully inspire and motivate positive changes in their profession, trade or workplace and/or who have provided an example for others to follow, through the creation and operation of a successful business that benefits the community.
- Health, Science and Technology: recognizes excellence and significant contributions through either research or application to any science, pure or applied, for technological advancement in any field that will lead to improvement of the community.
- Education, Training and Development: recognizes the valuable contributions in any learning environment through teaching, training specialized instruction, research, development or administration and/or achievement in education and development, continuing education, or alternative learning programs.
- Sports, Wellness and Healthy Living: recognizes outstanding accomplishments and achievements through participation and/or leadership in fitness, well-being, sports, recreation, active hobbies or healthy living and/or serving the emotional, physical or spiritual well-being of individuals or the community, through personal or professional service, leadership or education
- Community Service: recognizes outstanding leadership through inspiration and example to others through involvement in social services, human rights, labour, women’s issues, action programs and/or service clubs. These achievements have enhanced the quality of life in their community primarily through volunteer contributions. Although nominees in this category may be employed in another field, selection is based on their voluntary work only.
Also, we are looking for women under the age of 25 who are taking the initiative to make a change today! Young Women of Achievement recognizes a young woman between the ages of 18 to 25 who volunteers her time, inspires other women and girls, and is a role model to her peers.
If you'd like to attend this Gala, please feel free to comment below or email me email@example.com It's a wonderful evening and I encourage all mothers, daughters and families to join in the celebration!